Want to be a part of a unique program that increases women’s access to justice and is flexible to your practice?
She Leads Justice’s Legal Education Program serves 1,200 clients a year and provides free legal information, legal advocacy, and attorney and community agency referrals. The majority of our clients are low-income women navigating Connecticut’s civil courts on matters related to divorce, custody, child support, domestic violence, employment discrimination, immigration, housing, education, consumer issues, and LGBTQ-related issues. She Leads Justice’s role within the community would not be possible without the dedication and efforts of the 100+ attorneys in She Leads Justice’s Cooperating Attorney Network (She Leads Justice CAN).
Attorneys can help narrow the justice gap in critical ways:
- Serve as a Referral Attorney by accepting calls screened and referred by She Leads Justice’s I&R line and legal advocacy program
- Provide your legal expertise
- Lead presentations and workshops on legal rights
- Train Legal Education staff and volunteers on specific topics
- Assist in reviewing She Leads Justice’s educational materials
- Participate on She Leads Justice Board of Directors
- Write amicus briefs
- Participate in She Leads Justice events
All CAN referral attorneys offer She Leads Justice clients a minimum free 15-30 minute initial consultation, but some also offer sliding scale fees, payment plans, limited-scope representation, and/or pro bono services.
Our program is flexible, and our staff will work with you to ensure your experience is positive by identifying your interests according to practice specialties and geographic locations, the number of cases you would like referred to you, and any other preferences.
Are you an attorney?
Download and complete the Cooperating Attorney Form. Once you download the form, the button to submit via email will work. You can also return it to Nilda Rivera, Director of Community Advocacy via email or mail.
Mail: P.O. Box 320460, Hartford, CT 06132
Questions? Contact Nilda Rivera, Director of Community Advocacy at email@example.com.