Donating your time is a vital contribution to our organization. She Leads Justice has volunteer opportunities on our Information and Referral (I&R) line.
If you are interested in volunteering, please review the application instructions under the current volunteer opportunities below.
Who are our volunteers?
- People who want to actively participate in supporting women, girls & their families
- People who are non-judgmental and accepting
- People who respect a diverse work environment
How much time would I be expected to volunteer?
That depends your availability and your interests. Volunteers are typically needed Monday-Friday during 9-5 business hours.
What type of work do volunteers do?
There are different ways you can help She Leads Justice make a difference! Examples include answering our Information & Referral (I&R), serving on a committee, or helping at events.
She Leads Justice volunteers should have strong communication, writing and computer skills. Volunteers are expected to demonstrate general work-related skills such as punctuality, responsibility, and thoroughness.
Information and Referral Volunteers (remote)
Want to make a difference in the lives of people in your community? She Leads Justice seeks passionate volunteers to staff our Information and Referral (I&R) line. I&R is a unique service that works to narrow the civil legal in Connecticut. We train volunteers to provide callers with free legal information on primarily family law and employment discrimination, as well as attorney and community agency referrals.
Because we provide volunteers with in-depth, ongoing training and support, we require at least a 6-month commitment to our program.
- Answering telephone calls and email questions on civil legal issues
- Collecting demographic information and inputting data into our online software system
- A minimum commitment of six months
- Must be available for 2-4 shifts between Mondays-Fridays, 9 a.m.-2 p.m. (shifts are flexible), with a commitment to approximately 4-6 hours per week total.
- Compassionate and ability to work with diverse populations
- Spanish speakers are especially needed and strongly encouraged to apply